The number os complains, among women as followers in Social Dance about certain Leaders, are a lot!
Most of the times, they don’t know how exactly would be a nice way to advise the Leaders about certain behaviors that are not really appreciated by the followers, without sounding rude or impolite, and also, in certain dance scenes where there is a lack of Leaders, the girls just simply don’t wanna take the risk of upsetting any of them, and as a result of being misunderstood, be avoided by them after that!
Have you ever had any of these thoughts crossing your mind?
– This is terrible but better not saying anything, I don’t wanna be the only annoying girl that complains, since all the others just smile when dancing with him!
– Am I the only person that can’t really understand him or everybody else is just fixing all his misleadings like I’m doing right now in order to be nice?
– Someday, someone should really tell him how uncomfortable he’s been doing those moves on us!
– I really do not enjoy dancing with this guy just because he dances for anybody else, but me! It’s kinda I’m being used by him so he can show off!
– Why he cannot have one single dance without trying to be chat me up or trying to kiss me?
– It would be nice if I was invited for a dance, instead of being grabbed by the arm and dragged to the dance floor!
– It’s ok and expected to sweat but he could at least bring a spare shirt to change it sometimes before inviting us for a dance, it’s all wet!
– Why does he try to correct me all the time during the class? He is as new as I am and we have the teacher to correct us!!!
Well, here comes your chance to speak up and
let every Leader know how they can please you better and then, improve the quality of the social interaction in both environments, parties and lessons.
Share your thoughts in the comment field below and tell us what you would appreciate if the Leaders stopped or started doing with Followers while dancing in a party or practicing in a lesson.
If you prefer not to identify yourself by writing your name, it’s ok to stay anonymous but just identify yourself as, for exemple: Follower in Bachata / Follower in Brazilian Zouk / Leader in Tango, etc….
So we all can understand and learn better what varies in the different Social Dance styles.
The Social Dance Communities and all dancers appreciate your time spent here to take part of this research!